AIGA Portland is searching for a passionate person to help recruit volunteers for our chapter.
Do you enjoy meeting new people? Are you prompt with communication? Are you excited to connect people with similar interests? If so, this could be the perfect position for you.
Beginning as soon as possible, the person in this role will fill the responsibilities of the Volunteer Director on our Board of Directors and attend our monthly meetings. In the spring of 2018 we will hold our annual elections, and at that time this role will migrate into an official board position. We are looking for someone who would like to fill the interim position, while being open to continuing and applying for the Board next spring.
- Facilitate connections between board members and interested volunteers
- Respond to all volunteer inquiries in a timely manner
- Recruit volunteers for open volunteer needs including growing committee participation, day-of event assistance, and photography, design and videography support
- Develop long term volunteer recruitment strategies
- Manage the volunteer section of our website
- Keep volunteer records up to date
- Manage communication with current volunteers to ensure things are working smoothly and they feel supported and valued
- Organize a volunteer recruitment and appreciation party annually with the Program Director and Membership Director
- Manage our annual board election nominations
- Attend our monthly board meetings
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your resume and tell us why you’re the perfect person for this position.