AIGA Portland is the go-to resource for the local design community, driving dialogue and growth through our initiatives. To support this effort, we are developing a Content Strategy Team made up of Content Specialists.
The Content Specialist Role
A Content Specialist is extremely passionate about a particular AIGA Portland initiative. The Content Specialist will be responsible for generating Content related to their particular initiative assignment. This individual will report to the Initiative Director, the Content Director, and utilize the Content Chairs for support. There are a number of responsibilities, including (but not limited to):
- Blog – Write event descriptions and event recaps
- Social Media – Create and execute content for Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Attendance – Attend initiative events (free with membership) and the optional monthly Board meeting
- Collaborate – Collaborate with the initiative Director, Content Director, and Content Chairs
- Commit – Depends on the strategy of the initiative throughout the year; but when called upon may require 5 hours a week. If you don’t know how to use some of the channels listed above, our Content Chairs are here to help.
Current Content Initiative Opportunities
At the moment, we are looking for a single volunteer Content Specialist for each of the following AIGA Portland initiatives:
- Women Lead (learn more)
- Career Tools (learn more)
- Design for Good (learn more)
- Diversity & Inclusion (NEW Initiative!)
- Partnerships (NEW Initiative!)
- Membership (NEW Initiative!)
If you’re interested in one of these Content Specialist positions, please either email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below. Expressing interest or passion in a particular initiative listed above is required. If you are interested in more than one, please rate them in order of preference. Are you ready to define the voice of AIGA Portland?