Photo: Rick Landers
Join Us: 2019 Board Elections
AIGA Portland is now accepting applications for open board positions!
We are looking for motivated volunteers to help shape our design community.
Board Directors serve two–year terms and are elected on a staggered schedule.
Not ready to commit to a board position, but still want to volunteer? Check out our open volunteer positions here.
Enrich Your Personal & Professional Life
We are the local chapter of the nation’s oldest and largest professional association for design. By joining our board, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the Portland design community and beyond. Our team consists of motivated and driven leaders who make a difference by contributing to something bigger than themselves. Our team regularly encounters opportunities to connect and engage with industry professionals locally and nationally.
100% Volunteer-Run 501(c)(3) Nonprofit
Our mission is to develop and enhance Portland design careers, welcome and connect new and seasoned members of the Portland design community, and celebrate the exceptional work and accomplishments of Portland designers at every level.
We focus on communication and engagement strategies that impact our community of AIGA members, non-members, and volunteers. These communication and engagement strategies help us better serve our community while ensuring that every participant feels welcome and appreciated.
Photo: Mathew Taylor.
Open Board Positions & Job Descriptions
Please thoroughly read through the job description(s) before you apply.
- Submit your info, resume, cover letter, and two letters of recommendation using the form below. The deadline for submissions is May 20, 2019.
- The AIGA Portland Elections Committee will review your application. If you’re a good fit for the position, the next step will be an interview, either in person (ideal) or over the phone. Please note that interviews will likely be scheduled in late-May, and will occur in the evenings (after 5 PM PST).
- Approved candidates will be notified by June 7, 2019.
- Onboarding sessions will be scheduled with new Board Directors during the month of June.
- The first day of service with AIGA Portland begins July 1, 2019.
Ready to Apply?
Applications are due by May 20, 2019. Please fill out ALL the information in the form below. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. For any questions, please reach out to email@example.com. Good luck!
Special thanks to our elections campaign sponsor: