Partnership Director (Interim)
Time Commitment: 5 – 8 hours a week
Minimum Tenure: 5-month interim position (eligible for a 2-year position in 2021)
Maximum Tenure: 6 years
Minimum Member Status: Supporting
The Partnership Director cultivates relationships with local, regional, and national businesses to secure in-kind and financial donations that fund chapter programs. This Director is responsible for contacting by letter, phone, e-mail, and in-person all potential sponsors of AIGA Portland and assessing their ability and desire to support our organization, understanding what their marketing needs are each year.
The Partnership Director supports and works closely with all members of the board to encourage and cultivate partnerships and sponsorship for the various chapter efforts.
- Maintain the AIGA Portland Sponsorship Guide and update prior to the end of the year
- Community outreach to potential new sponsors or partners
- Maintain current contracts. Ensure that AIGA Portland is fulfilling all terms outlined in each contract
- Renew contracts with current sponsors or partners
- Engage in opportunities to provide support for any partner organizations
- Maintaining a database of current and potential sponsors and partners
- Utilize the vast network of AIGA chapter leaders to share ideas and resources
- Coordinating documentation of donations, invoices, and receipts with the Treasurer
- Sending thank you letter(s) to sponsors after each event and donation
Recommended Committee Chairs
These are non-board members/volunteers (serving for one to two years) that we recommend you manage in order to be successful in the position.
- Committee Chair
- And as many volunteer committee members as you’d like!
Desired skills, traits & experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and independent
- Ability to take high-level goals and values and apply them to not so distinct role direction
- Want to make a difference and contribute to something bigger than yourself
- Comfortable talking about money and negotiating deals
You need to know how to use most of the following programs
- Basecamp 3, Eventbrite, G Suite, Slack, and (optional) Adobe CC & WordPress
Shared Responsibilities of the Board
- Attend mandatory internal events, monthly board meetings, and retreats
- Show up and represent at AIGA Portland events (we suggest attending as many as your schedule allows)
- Proper personal time-management in order to complete the responsibilities outlined in this job description
- Ensure sponsors and partners are treated well and represented at events and online content
- Demonstrate understanding and proper-use of AIGA brand guidelines
- Actively engage in communications and meetings with representatives from other creative groups, firms, businesses, or other like-minded organizations that will create sponsorships and partnerships with AIGA Portland
- Be able to properly speak about what AIGA is and promote AIGA membership
- Actively document processes and resources to handoff and onboard the next director in this position
- Must properly represent the chapter and adhere to the AIGA Standards of Professional Practice
What You Get as an Interim Board Director
- An official AIGA Portland email
- Access to AIGA resources, connections, and volunteers
- Free attendance at AIGA Portland events
- A seat at the table and voting rights during monthly board meetings
- An official Board Director is committed to serving a minimum of a two–year term. This position is “interim” and will cover the rest of the 2020-2021 term. The chosen candidate will be encouraged to apply for a full 2-year term during official board elections in June 2021.
- Board Directors are also encouraged to continue serving additional terms once their initial two–year term ends. However, an individual can not serve more than three consecutive terms (a maximum of six years) on the board.
- You are responsible for organizing and updating your process, contact lists, and work. These will become resources that you will use to onboard the incoming director prior to vacating the position.
Application Icebreaker Question
- What is your favorite restaurant in Portland?
Apply for the Partnership Interim Director today. Fill out the application and specify this is the position you are interested in. Once you submit your application, expect to hear back within one week about the next steps.
Do you have questions about this position and would like to speak with a current board member before applying? Email email@example.com
AIGA Portland whole-heartedly embraces diversity and equal opportunity within our organization. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Please contact us if you require specific accommodations and we would be happy to help.