AIGA Portland is an all-volunteer organization and is only as good as its dedicated volunteer team. It takes smart, creative people like yourself to make it happen.
Who volunteers for AIGA Portland?
People that design, people that support design, and people that work with designers. Sound like you? Most of our volunteers are print designers, interactive designers, copywriters, photographers, art directors, small business owners, and more.
Volunteering is a great way to meet other creatives with similar interests, hone your professional craft, as well as give back to the creative community. Plus, without you, we couldn’t do what we do!
Volunteer Opportunities at AIGA Portland
We have many ways of volunteering:
- Day-of Event Volunteer: Offer day-of event help on an as-needed basis. Examples of tasks include: helping with set-up, staffing registration, greeting guests and helping with tear-down.
- Design/Photography/Videography Volunteer: Help promote and capture AIGA events on an as-needed basis.
- Committee Volunteer: Take charge of a specific task or event. This role is ongoing and requires more of a time commitment. Duties vary by committee. See below for our committees.
- Board Member: Want to make a bigger difference? Interested in committing to consistent volunteer work? Apply to become a board member! Read more here and apply
Interested in volunteering at a committee level?
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will be in touch to discuss which committee you might be interested in helping out.
Our current committees are:
- Design for Good
- Equity & Inclusion
- Women Lead
Current Leadership Opportunities
(last updated April 11, 2021)
Membership Promotions Chair
The Member Promotions Chair is responsible for organizing and coordinating regular membership promotions, with the goal of helping our members become more visible and feel supported professionally by AIGA Portland. This may include, but is not limited to:
– Finding members to promote via social media and email
– Communicating with members to learn about promotions and new work being published/created
– Coordinating with other Membership Team volunteers for writing, design, and other needs
– Work closely with the Membership Director to hit monthly goals.
Create a new plan for engaging newsletter content. Source/edit content for the newsletter each month. Should have a working knowledge of Mailchimp. Excited to set up a system for gathering content from all board members on a monthly basis. Work closely with the Content Director.
BIPOC Hardware Grant Chair
Take charge of this brand new initiative! Work closely with our Equity & Inclusion Director to help find community sponsors who are willing to donate computers to recent BIPOC college grads in-need. This grant will allow the graduates to more easily apply for jobs and work remotely.
Career Tools Chair
Plan and host events aimed at working mid-career designers. This person should be passionate about bringing about positive social change and educating fellow creatives through workshops and events. Willing to:
– Find speakers.
– Land sponsors
– Determine Topics
– Work closely with our Education Director.
Interested? Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Tell us why you’d be a good fit for one (or multiple) of the positions above and we will be in touch within 1 week of receiving your email to discuss the next steps!
Want to get even MORE involved? Awesome! Check out our Open Board Positions.