Give back to your PDX Creative Community on an on-going basis. Join a committee to make a bigger impact!
Committees are dedicated to supporting specific initiatives for our chapter. We have many different committees that focus on supporting a range of needs for our creative community.
Committee Volunteer Expectations
- Attend once per month 1 hour-long committee meetings (currently virtual)
- Can commit to 1-2 hrs per week of volunteer work for at least 6 months (monthly committee meeting plus as much as you want to volunteer to help with in-between!)
- You do NOT need to be an AIGA member to volunteer at the committee or chair level
- Have a strong desire to support the PDX creative community 🙂
Our Current Committees
Design for Good
Created by our chapter as a way to ignite, accelerate, and amplify social change. We are currently working on an agency transparency project that strives to bring greater visibility and equity to Portland’s creative community by doing the following:
- Serve creatives by publishing DEI data from agencies across Portland so they can make informed career decisions.
- Support agencies in their quest for implementing DEI by providing helpful resources and frameworks to engage in that work.
If Design For Good is something you might be interested in, read on for our open volunteer positions!
Work together to gather the Creative Community in-person. Plan and host monthly dMob events at rotating restaurants/bars in the Portland area. Plan special events with board members.
Have a passion for supporting women and mothers in design? This is your opportunity to build an incredible committee focused on programming, meetups, workshops (and whatever your heart desires!) for women in our Portland creative community.
Connect with students & faculty from local colleges and Universities. Help run student mentorship programs, portfolio reviews, and educational programming geared toward mid-career designers.
Make a difference in the value of our membership through regular member correspondence, event promotions, member programs and more.
This team collaborates with board members to promote their programming and events through Social Media, our Monthly Newsletter, and posting events to our website.
Help maintain, post content, and make UX/UI improvements on our WordPress website.
PDX Design Festival
Help plan a new week-long festival this fall! Learn more about volunteering by browsing the deck here.
Interested in volunteering or want to learn more?
Please fill out this form and our Volunteer Director will reach out to you!