Without a dedicated and enthusiastic Partnership Director, AIGA Portland couldn’t get the support it needs to put on events for our community.
Do you love cultivating relationships with groups and businesses both locally and nationally? Do you take pride in representing the best interests of the groups and businesses you work with? Are you organized and efficient with communication?
If so, this could be the perfect position for you.
The Community Engagement Director finds engaging ways of building the AIGA Portland community and helps ensure the board is responsive to members’ needs. This Director is responsible for increasing AIGA Portland’s membership and promoting the value of our community through regular correspondence, event promotion, and member programs. The Community Engagement Director is responsible for the regularly scheduled member communications and managing the Events Committee.
The Membership Director also supports and works closely with the entire board to ensure that there is proper member presence in the chapter’s programming and overall communications strategy.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Work with the chapter board to develop annual community engagement and membership recruitment strategies and goals, and be accountable for the execution of those strategies
- Manage the small committee and dedicated chairpersons that organize our chapter’s monthly dMob networking event and potential Member Meetups or Studio Tours
- Assist community and board members with membership sign-up, troubleshooting, checking member status, etc.
- Create and maintain effective communication kits, including “welcome new member,” “it’s time to renew,” and “thanks for renewing” kits, to engage members during membership status changes
- Create and share a monthly membership report for the board
- Gather and report member feedback to the board
- Announce any AIGA National membership news and updates on AIGA Portland’s Slack channel
- Strategize ways to include member benefits in our broader chapter programs
- Develop and maintain a member recruitment presence at key events
Actively update and maintain the Membership page AIGA Portland website