This year’s Portland Athletic & Outdoor Annual Event is an interactive conversation around how we, as an industry, as a society, as designers, and as Oregonians, are taking responsibility for the outdoors in how it is accessed, used, and marketed.
- What is needed to create more access to the outdoors for those that are underserved or underrepresented in the community?
- How are we educating ourselves to be better stewards of the outdoors?
- What role have A&O companies taken to increase social and personal responsibility among their consumers?
- How does Oregon advocate for recreational use in a way that prevents overuse or misuse?
With the help of guest speakers from KEEN, Travel Oregon, Columbia Sportswear, Wild Diversity, Adventures Without Limits, Trailhead Ambassadors and Trailkeepers of Oregon, we will discuss these questions together, in break out sessions and through social media.
This event is an opportunity to engage with each other and the organizations actively working to these address issues in a thoughtful and inspiring conversation.
Tickets to the event include 2 drink tickets, entry into our raffle prizes and a Scout Book.
- Chris Enlow, Corporate Responsiblity Director, KEEN
- Scott Welch, Senior Global Manager, Corporate Relations, Columbia Sportswear
- Katy Clair, Director, Global Marketing Services at Travel Oregon
- Mercy Shammah, Founder/Program Director, Wild Diversity
- Ashley Borman, Program Director, Adventures Without Limits
- Steve Kruger, Executive Director, Trailkeepers of Oregon
- Lizzie Keenan, Trailhead Ambassadors
Travel Oregon and Scout Books
If you are interested in getting involved or sponsoring this event, send us a DMl.
About Athletic & Outdoor Professionals
AOP’s mission is to establish and grow a supportive community of professionals in Portland’s Athletic and Outdoor industry by connecting individuals, showcasing industry talent, and continuing to highlight Portland as a recognized global A&O hub.