In this workshop, you'll learn strategies for how to develop a consistent creative habit, from Molly McLeod, the author of The Daily Project Deck. All creative mediums are welcome, and no experience is necessary!
- How cultivating a regular creative habit can transform your life
- Tips for getting past your stopping points and excuses
- Principles and practices for making art consistently with ease and joy
- A process for coming up with your own daily project or creative habit
You'll get to participate by:
- Looking at what gets in the way of engaging with your art practice
- Brainstorming ideas for daily creative projects you'd love,
- Practicing the project you're considering and talking about it with other attendees
You'll leave with a clear commitment to your next daily project, whether it's 7 days or 100 days.
About Molly McLeod:
Molly McLeod is an artist, designer, and creativity coach based in Portland, Oregon. She is the author of The Daily Project Deck: Build and Easy and Fun Creative Habit, out now from Chronicle Books. Since 2015, she has made over 1,000 pieces of art by doing different daily art projects every month.
Molly supports creative people to make work that's important to them, achieve their goals, and share their gifts with the world. She also works with people who may not consider themselves "artists," but are interested in calling in more creativity in their lives. She’s worked on activist board games, feminist documentaries, adult summer camps, and public art projects.
Molly is currently available for coaching, short and long-term projects, speaking gigs, and artistic commissions and collaborations.
About PDX Design Festival:
PDX Design Festival is a week-long celebration of design in the city of roses. After several long years of isolation and virtual collaboration, Portland's creative community is back and ready to reconnect. Our inaugural theme, chosen by the AIGA Portland community, is connection and echoes these sentiments. This is a can't-miss event for all of Portland.
Events tickets are reserved for festival pass holders—get your all-access festival pass on the PDXDF website.