Time Commitment: 5 – 8 hours a week
Minimum Tenure: 2 years
Maximum Tenure: 6 years
Minimum Member Status: Supporting
AIGA Portland is a completely volunteer-run organization. The Recruitment Director is responsible for connecting with prospective volunteers and placing them in open opportunities with AIGA Portland. We are looking for someone who has good people skills and can evaluate strengths and weaknesses of individuals to properly place them in volunteer roles.
The Recruitment Director supports and works closely with all board directors to ensure that everyone has the proper support needed to complete their responsibilities for AIGA Portland.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Lead and manage the annual Board Elections campaign to fill open board positions
- Schedule meetings or information sessions with potential volunteers
- Use best judgement to evaluate individuals’ skill sets and work styles
- Maintain a database of active and potential volunteers and their skill sets and interests
- Develop long-term volunteer recruitment strategies with the chapter
- Develop and maintain simple onboarding procedures for new volunteers
- Actively update and maintain the Get Involved, Welcome to Portland and Volunteer pages of the AIGA Portland website
- Provide the Promotions team with material and content for announcing open positions
- Actively respond to volunteer inquiries
- Be a voice for the chapter and announce volunteer openings via AIGA Portland’s #jobs Slack channel
- Frequently check-in with board directors to address any needs
- Proactively suggest and connect new individuals for AIGA Portland committees
Desired skills, traits & experience
- Extroverted and great networking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience developing and executing communication strategies
- Self-motivated and independent
- Manages time well
- Passionate about making a difference and contributing to something bigger than themselves
- Have a creative or business network to rely on for support and networking
You need to know how to use most of the following programs
- Adobe CC, Basecamp 3, Eventbrite, G Suite, Slack, and WordPress
Shared Responsibilities of the Board
- Attend mandatory internal events, monthly board meetings, and retreats
- Show up and represent at AIGA Portland events (we suggest attending as many as your schedule allows)
- Proper personal time-management in order to complete the responsibilities outlined in this job description
- Ensure sponsors and partners are treated well and represented at events and online content
- Demonstrate understanding and proper-use of AIGA brand guidelines
- Actively engage in communications and meetings with representatives from other creative groups, firms, businesses, or other like-minded organizations that will create sponsorships and partnerships with AIGA Portland
- Be able to properly speak about what AIGA is and promote AIGA membership
- Actively document processes and resources to handoff and onboard the next director in this position
- Must properly represent the chapter and adhere to the AIGA Standards of Professional Practice
What You Get as a Board Director
- An official AIGA Portland email
- Access to AIGA resources, connections, and volunteers
- Free attendance at AIGA Portland events
- A seat at the table and voting rights during monthly board meetings
Application Icebreaker Question
- What is your dream destination for a vacation?
- An official Board Director is committed to serving a minimum of a two–year term. Board Directors are encouraged to continue serving additional terms once their initial two–year term ends. An individual can not serve more than three consecutive terms (a maximum of six years) on the board.
- You are responsible for organizing and updating your process, contact lists, and work. These will become resources that you will use to onboard the incoming director prior to vacating the position.
Apply for the Recruitment Director today. Fill out the application or learn about more open positions here.